Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 110. McMinnville, OR

When we’re planning our road excursions, we use Streets and Trips software to work out our itinerary. It helps determine travel time and mileage, overnight stop locations and en route stops for sightseeing, gas, and groceries. The estimated total mileage for this summer’s travels, according to the software, is 11100; that’s the number of miles for the RV. The pickup racks up more mileage, of course, cuz it’s used for various side trips and errand running while the trailer resides at the campsite.
.
The ‘trip miles’ reported sporadically in the blog are the actual miles from the pickup trip odometer. My total mileage estimate was 15000 and we’ll come in quite close to that: 12667 to date plus another 1300 OR to AZ according to the software, plus side trips. It’s doubtful that you readers are jumping up and down in rapturous excitement about this useless information, and it doesn't do that much for me either. However, I do enjoy the little game I play with myself, seeing how close my estimate is to the actual. There’s something of the statistician in my nature.
.
McMinnville is in wine country, has a population of 32000 and strikes me as an appealing place to live. I don’t know the town well but Carina’s been here several years now and likes it a lot.
.
Trish is off to Neskowin on the OR coast today. She owns a lot there and there’s an adjacent parcel of landlocked property available, part of an estate that’s in probate. She’s meeting with the estate rep on site to see if the adjacent parcel is worth acquiring. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I’ll be doing clean up/fix up on Carina’s place and the RV. We’ll be getting our last batch of forwarded mail today. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment