Sunday, February 20, 2011

Denny, Laurie & Liza


                                          Liza
                                                      

                       Liza's neighborhood.


Our most recent houseguests, old friends of Trish's, reside in Anacortes, WA.  Denny's into sailing, boats of all kinds, and is a passionate birder.  He sailed solo to Hawaii a few years back, the very thought of which scares the crap out of me.  I'd be worried sick that some behemoth freighter would t-bone me in the middle of the night, sending me into the depths for a long term visit with King Neptune, and not even noticing the slight tremor caused by the impact.
.
Laurie's up for nearly any activity, golfed with us a couple of times, took a bike ride with Trish.  Laurie plays scrabble and similar word games online or via smartphone, usually has four games going at once; I recently became one of her opponents.  We introduced D & L to Polish golf and pickleball and they enjoyed both - or seemed to anyway. 
.
Trish and I spent a couple days in Anacortes last summer on our return from AK.  Denny wasn't home then, was down in the Gulf coordinating efforts to contain and clean up the huge oil spill - his occupation.  D & L are fun, upbeat folks, really enjoyed their visit.  They bought a gift for us (see pix) but didn't say a word about it.  We discovered it after they'd left, promptly named it Liza.

2 comments:

  1. How on earth did they bring that with them (I assume they were flying)? Laurie is the one who inspired me years ago with her sofa slip- covering; I have bought the fabric twice now but still not done it. I wish she would come for a visit to my house, minus Liza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza resided at the same place as Panch and Grunt, about 5 miles from our home. Yeah, would have been awkward to put in a suitcase.

    ReplyDelete