Thursday, February 24, 2011

CYCLONE BOBCAT

CYCLONE BOBCAT was my radio call sign when I was senior advisor to the Black Panthers in Vietnam in 1968/69. It is also the name of the book I wrote about my Vietnam experience and the aftermath. The Black Panthers were an elite Vietnamese Army infantry unit; I was an US Army infantry officer, age 23.
.
See picture.
.
Recently, I finished the conversion and cleanup of the book: conversion from a relatively dumb software program to Word 2007, and cleanup of the typos, punctuation, etc. This little task took me about six years - although it could have easily been done in as many days. The original text flooded out of me like water from a burst dam, considerably more compelling than the task of going back to dot the ‘I’s and cross the ‘T’s.
.
CB is headed for the Library of Congress where it will become part of the Veterans History Project. The book isn’t published and I do not intend to pursue publication - at least not in the traditional manner. I really should, and most likely will, look into online publication for easier access. It probably takes only a few minutes to do that - once I figure out how and where.
.
Many of my blog readers have read the book already. If you haven’t read it but want to do so, let me know via blog comment or my msn.com email address; I’ll send it to you as an email attachment.



2 comments:

  1. I find Lulu is pretty darn easy as far as online publishing goes. I put mine up there:
    http://lulu.com/kadel

    ReplyDelete