Friday, July 1, 2011

Guest Blogger - Trish - Prince Edward Island

The people in the Canadian maritime provinces must be as enthralled with bicycles as I am.  They develop incredible, fantastic, bike path systems.  Prince Edward Island started the trend with the Confederated Trail.  The trail follows a former railway right-of-way for 357 km; the entire length of the island.  There are spurs connecting the trail to towns and villages along the route and B and Bs have formed a cyclists’ welcome program for visitors who want to pedal the entire length.  I may do that some day.  For this trip I am content with an afternoon of pedaling between Charlottetown and Morell; a piece of the trail in the center of the island meandering through wooded areas thick with lupine, blackberry, evergreen trees and butterflies, then opening to farmland of rich terra cotta colored tilled rows.  Be still my beating heart………
Lupine, lupine, everywhere - butterflies too!
I love my folding bike.  Bike Friday, you rock.
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L scenery.
The color of the soil is amazing.
Yep, beautiful scenery.
Confederated Trail, I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it really is bike Friday! For another 20 minutes. I think the cycling on PEI would be perfect, the smells, the colors, the open air...So glad you are having sunshine.

    ReplyDelete