Friday, May 20, 2011

Scrabble Player(s) Wanted

Nature or nurture?  Whose fault is it, Jane’s or genes?  Mature readers know Jane - and Dick and Baby Sally and Spot and Puff.  Most of us learned to read on Dick and Jane primers.  Many of us, myself included, became immediately and irreversibly addicted from the get go, reading everything in the house and then nearly everything in the school libraries, reading the back of the Wheaties box, reading on the john, reading way past bedtime, reading under the blanket with a flashlight.  Quite a few avid readers, again including myself, developed a fondness for words themselves.  I enjoy word play, be it writing doggerel, making groaner puns, doing blog posts or playing word games.
.
Until recently it had been years since I’d played word games with any regularity.  A few months ago, a friend invited me to play scrabble online and we’ve played numerous games.  I’ve found online play to be especially appealing because you and your opponent don’t have to coordinate and set aside a 2-3 hour block of time to play.  And, of course, the two of you don’t have to be in the same room - or the same town, city, state or country.  Whenever and wherever it’s convenient, you can login via computer, smart phone, or whatever and spend a few minutes figuring out your next play.
.
If you’re into word games and would like to give it a shot, let me know via my regular email (not gmail) address.  Some players have several games going at once.  I’m not sure how many I can handle, will see how it goes.  I doubt that I’ll be inundated with responses, but you never know.  First come, first served.

2 comments:

  1. I thought when you played by computer that you were playing AGAINST the computer. I didn't know there was a real person on the other end. I would be too chicken to play against you. Dick and Jane and Sally would be so proud if they could see you now.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, my verifying word in the box was "bulatizi". How many points do I get for that one?

    ReplyDelete