Saturday, May 28, 2011

HB to M's B

Yesterday was my blog’s birthday: Happy Birthday to Mike’s Blog!  Yea! 3 cheers! Hip, Hip, Crapola!!!
.
We celebrated the auspicious occasion by going out on the town, drinking a magnum of Dom Perignon champagne, having a fantastic prime rib dinner, returning home and making mad passionate love to the wee hours.  If you believe that pack of lies, perhaps you’d like to buy a famous bridge.  There’s one nearby and such a deal I’ll give you.  Well, it was sort of believable until the ‘making love to the wee hours’ part.
.
Truthfully? Forgot all about it.  It popped into my mind at 2:01 AM today, the day after.  So, at 2:06 AM, I hopped out of bed, made a pot of coffee, and hustled to the computer to memorialize the non-event with this blog post.  Dinner was actually the gotta-empty-the-fridge special: frozen meatballs (5 each), frozen spinach, pickled beets and French bread.  It’s not as bad as it sounds: we nuked the frozen stuff.
.
Back to the blog, 135 posts were made during its first year of existence.  Who’d a thunk I had that much to write about?  Everybody that knows me, I suppose.  Anybody that knows me very well has long since come to realize I’m choc full o’ BS.  Relatively few, however, probably suspected how deep it really was.
.
Not a bad idea, though, the champagne, got a chilled bottle in the fridge.  So much to celebrate: Blog’s Birthday, Memorial Day, the arrival of my brother Pat and his wife Julie for a short visit, and launching our summer tour.  If that’s not cause enough, there’s always the fridge cleaning issue: that bottle’s been in there several months and I don’t think champagne improves with age - not the cheap swill we buy anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, "Edge". Gin and I have not missed a single blog. We actually suffer from "blog withdrawal" when Mike hasn't blogged in a week or two, and then it turns into "blog depression", only to be relieved by a new blog. 99.99% of the blogs are interesting, more so if Trish or Ranger are involved. Who doesn't enjoy a good Ranger story? Looking fwd to your
    Summer 2011 adventures. Al and Gin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary. I am surprised that there have been 135 because it never feels like enough. Perhaps I am not that sensitive to c... I am looking forward to hearing about your trip because it's always good for the author to have fresh material, right? And for the author's partner to get out of the house and into some fresh adventures, too.

    ReplyDelete