Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 81. Carnation, WA

“On the road again, just can’t wait to get on the road again.” Tomorrow we’re off to Potlatch State Park. It is on the Olympic Peninsula, bordering Hood Canal. The campground is in the forest but a large portion of the park is across the highway right on the Canal, has lots of grass and picnic tables and a great view. We’re meeting up with Dave and Verna again, last seen in the SD Badlands about 10000 miles back. They have a LazyDaze class c motorhome, which is best of breed according to many avid owners.
.
“On the road again” reminds me of poor old Willie, who should get off the road instead of on - looks like 20 miles of bad road himself. Maybe 30. Saw him on TV awhile back and it was kinda sad. The backup group did most of the singing, Willie made sporadic attempts, mouthed a few lines, seemed hardly able to stand up on his own. Don’t get me wrong, I like Willie and I’m an old fart myself; just saying I think Willie should hang it up rather than give pathetic performances. Hell, for all I know he was into the sauce that night and is still capable of putting on a hell of a show.
.
We’re doing a marinated flank steak over a wood fire tonight. I’ve done many a flank steak on the grill but this is first on a real fire. Jill, one of the blog followers and an old bud of Trish’s is joining us for dinner. She’s quite the fun character, takes a special interest in those blogs that mention automotive maintenance (not!) so I’m preparing a lengthy dissertation on tire rotation and lube jobs.
.
Played golf today at a nearby course and played well – unlike the prior abortive attempt. Don’t know why I run so hot and cold, but I guess everybody does to some degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment