Monday, August 4, 2014

O-Grill

A gusher I am not.  Just the opposite: I prefer understatement, thinking it’s better that people be pleasantly surprised than somewhat, or totally, disappointed when the rubber meets the road.  My unsolicited endorsements are few and far between but when I find a product or service that really nails it, I like to share it with others.


The grill fits snugly into this heavy duty nylon case.

Last spring I decided to get a new travel grill and proceeded to research them online, checking numerous websites, ratings, reviews and forums.  My criteria: compact, light, 8K minimum BTUs (our old one was rated at 5K, too wimpy), reasonably priced, easy to clean, preferably with its own protective bag/case.  I settled on the O-Grill.


The legs fold flat.  The orange tab on the upper handle secures the upper and lower handles together for transport and storage.

We’ve used it several times now and we love it.  It’s a little heavier than I’d hoped for but the performance and other features more than compensate.  And – bonus - Trish says it looks sexy!   Our model is the 500, which is rated at 9K BTUs – more than adequate for quickly searing a thick steak and cooking it to perfection.  There are other models but I don’t know how they differ.  If you’re in the market for a portable grill, this is one of the best.


The removable cooking surface is heavy duty stuff, brands things nicely.
"Prawns are on, Trish; dinner in 4 minutes."


2 comments:

  1. I can attest to the combined wizardry of your O'Grill and your skill at the grill. The salmon was perfect and I loved the veggies, too. I think we are going to get one, ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We looked for a local source for the O'Grill and found it only at Camping World. Due to its price I think it will go in the "Christmas Present" category...

    ReplyDelete