Sunday, August 24, 2014

Monterey, CA


The north end of Cannery Row

Cannery Row in Monterey, made famous by Steinbeck’s book and the movie that followed, was the home of the once flourishing sardine industry.  The fishery was decimated and the canneries went belly up in the early 50s.  Now, the Row is a string of chic (and not so chic) shops, restaurants, and various types of lodging.  Yesterday, we strolled along the Row and had lunch at a nice restaurant overlooking the Bay.  I did squid.  Trish’s dish was fish.


A kayak rental group gets briefed before paddling around in Monterey Bay.
This picture was taken about midpoint in Cannery Row. 


Artie, looking hangdog: I'm sorry I barked, Mom.  I just get so excited sometimes I can't help it.
Monterey Bay in background.


SCUBA divers and kayakers flock to the Bay.  
We saw about 30 divers in the water and another 100+ loitering on the grass above the beach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment