Sunday, July 24, 2011

Near Knoxville, TN

When we were planning this trip, we knew we'd be in the hot and humid when we reached this part of the country.  We didn't really intend to see or do much here although spending 2-3 days in Nashville was a possibility.  Trish is into country music big time, has been to Nashville; I'm less into the music, haven't been to Nashville, and have no great desire to visit now.  

So, we had a summit meeting 2 nights ago.  Subject: how long are we going to spend in the hot and humid, and are we stopping in Nashville?  Consensus: as little time as possible; 2nd answer, no.  We're hauling ass back to the southwest.  We'll tour the high country of NM and AZ where it will be considerably cooler and a hell of a lot dryer.

We'll be heading southwest on I-40, with overnights in TN, AR and OK.  AR and OK are on my permanent shit list for personal reasons.  Many readers already know why; if you don't, but want to, let me know: maybe I'll do a blog post on it.  Anyway, I didn't want to set foot in either state again - never, ever, no freakin' way, ain't gonna happen, forgettaboutit.  But, an alternate route makes no sense so I'll have to grin and bear it.  Okay, I'll bear it.  Grinning, however, is absolutely out of the question.  Sneer, maybe. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I hear a back story in there, don't know it, maybe I'll wait till you're not too hot to ask for clarification on how you really feel.

    I was wondering the other day what route you were taking and how 'come you got to Pin Oaks so fast from the east coast. I started to ask and then when I consulted my online atlas, my comment blew away so I gave up. I hate these things sometimes.

    Anyway, you just told me all the answers to the questions I asked which you never received. I see you are heading for the cooler regions of AZ: I didn't know there was anything cool enough there now.

    ReplyDelete