Sunday, May 24, 2015

Here's Your Sign

Have you heard the comedian Bill Engvall do his 'Here's Your Sign' routine?  The sign he refers to says I'm Stupid!  The Sign jokes are about stupid questions - to which Bill supplies witty, sarcastic answers. Here's one of my favorites:

A trucker gets his truck stuck under an overpass, and the responding policeman asks "Hey, you get your truck stuck?" The trucker answers, "No sir, I was delivering that overpass and I ran out of gas. Here's your sign."

Fidelity Investments


Your password has been blocked
Your password was blocked on 5/23/2015 at 11:50 AM Eastern.

If you are unaware of this change, please contact us immediately
at 1-800-544-6666.
For your security and privacy, please do not respond to this email. Instead, please log into your account at www.fidelity.com/securemessage and send us a secure message.
If you would like to verify this email was sent by Fidelity Investments, log into your account and select Research > Alerts > View Your Alerts History.


I received the above email yesterday after a failed attempt to log in to my Fidelity Investment mutual fund account online.  Thought I entered the correct user name and password but Fidelity thought otherwise.  After 2 abortive attempts, they blocked my password and directed me to call them to resolve the problem - a typical security measure used to discourage hackers.

Do you see anything screwy in the email verbiage?  Think about it a minute.  Let's take it step by step, from the top:
1.  In the green area on top there's a Secure Login link
2.  'Your password was blocked.....'  (yeah, I know).
3.  'If you are unaware....'  (I'm quite aware, thank you very much).
4.  First bullet: '....log into your account.....'
5.  Second bullet: '.....log into your account....'

They say my password is blocked and then direct me to log into my account.  What the hell kind of magic trick am I supposed to perform here, you stupid shits?  Can't log in without a password and you blocked my password!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna call 'em alright.  And, after I get the password squared away I'm gonna vigorously rub their noses in their stupidity.  Fidelity Investments, here's your sign!    



No comments:

Post a Comment