Monday, November 18, 2013

Is there a dog?

It's been 30+ years since I first heard the joke and I thought it was quite clever at the time.  Still do.  Given the vintage, it's likely that everyone has heard it, but just in case, here's the rest of it: What does the dyslexic agnostic ask?

Does the absence of political correctness (PC) in that joke, or my lack of sensitivity in finding it funny - and even worse, repeating it - offend you?  If so, read no further.  How about you and your PC going out for a nice long hike?  And, y'all have a great time together now, ya hear?

For those who are still with me, at the risk of being redundant, I'll clarify my PC position.  If you want to poke fun at me because I'm old, bald, Irish, have big feet, a small bladder or any one of dozens of other flaws and quirks, have at it!  I'm gonna poke it right back at you and have great fun doing it.  I love banter.  If you can't take a joke, can't laugh at yourself, can't help being a PC-Nazi, you have my deepest sympathy.    

So, where am I going with this, you ask?  Here it is: a couple days ago, out of the blue, came this thought, It would be fun to build a dyslexic dictionary.  The end product would be helpful to dyslexics and non-dyslexics alike, help them understand each other better, and the building process would be a kick in the shorts for those who enjoy wordplay.  Like moi.

I'll include new words in my posts as they occur to me and I encourage you readers to participate.  Place your dyslexic dictionary words in the comments section of my posts or email them to me.  I'll publish them in a subsequent post.  To add comments to a post, click on comment, select anonymous from the 'comment as' drop down menu, write your comment (and your first name and first initial of your last name if you wish) click on publish.

Here are some seasonal words and phrases to get the ball rolling: givthanksing, brancerry cause, ffusting, pweet sotatoes, perry chie, creen gean basserole, pacy's marade.

No comments:

Post a Comment