Tuesday, June 11, 2013

NEXT!

I grant you, it's dark and heavy and depressing.  I considered sparing you, the readers, but ultimately decided, 'No.  They can handle it.'  

Have a good day!


NEXT!
.
The demise of Man, I fear,
Is not far, but rather, near.
.
It’s impossible to know
From whence will come the final blow.
.
But I myself am fairly sure
That Man himself will be the doer.
.
It’s in our bones.  It’s in our nature.
It’s war and greed and legislature.
.
Long I’d hoped we’d find a way,
To rise above our DNA.
.
To change the way we act and think,
And halt our progress to the brink.
.
I now believe - and it’s quite a shock:
That our extinction seems a lock.
.
We’ve run the course, done the dance.
Next species: “Time to take your chance.”
.
Still, I mourn what might have been,
And wish that we could try again.


Mike Delaney
June 11, 2013
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment