Thursday, November 22, 2012

San Diego


San Diego

Yesterday we did the highway 75 loop, starting and ending in San Diego.  We drove through Coronado, which is actually an island, and Imperial Beach, stopping to view neat stuff and to consume our picnic lunch: barbecued salmon, Gouda cheese, fresh apple slices and crackers.


 
Hotel del Coronado

 When it opened in 1888, it was the largest resort hotel in the world.  Currently, it’s one of the largest and oldest all-wood structures in the US.  Lots of celebrities and presidents and sundry mucky-mucks have stayed here - not including Trish and I and Ranger.  The design is Late Victorian/Queen Anne.  You’ve gotta admire those British queens for their architectural achievements.

 

Surfer Dude at Imperial Beach

We stopped here and had our picnic lunch, sitting on the bench beyond Surfer Dude.  The Dude kinda looks like me don’t you think?  Back before my hair reversed course and came out my ears?  Back when I had fabulous abs, the 6-pack belly?  Back before my wrinkles had wrinkles?  Not so much?  C'mon, use your imagination.
 

 
San Diego Bay Walk

This is in the downtown area, great place to stroll and people watch.  The weird looking trees may be California Buckeye but I wouldn’t bet on it.  Anybody out there know what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment