Monday, August 20, 2012

Woodland, WA

Woodland, WA is across the Columbia River from Columbia City, OR where I lived for 10 years.  We can see my home (It's for sale; make me an offer I can't refuse) from our campsite, which is in an upscale private RV park.  I often wondered what this park was like when I lived in CC and viewed it from across the river.  It always seemed to be pretty full up - and justifiably so: great setting, clean, well maintained, and convenient to I-5.


Shuffleboard, horseshoes, lots of grass.

We stopped here primarily because we (the royal we) had to do laundry.  This park has its own laundry facilities, as do many of the larger private parks.  This is the type of place that attracts the big rigs, mostly driven by full timers who spend their time inside and don't mind having neighbors 10' away on both sides.  We do mind: we like privacy and campfires, rarely stay at places like this.   Get a load of the rig below, custom all the way, including a garage to haul their classic car.  When the car's outside, the garage can be used as patio, office, party room, etc.




Columbia City in background.
Many salmon are caught angling from shore.  I never tried it but spent many -mostly fruitless- hours fishing from my boat. 


Zoomed in at 10X, my house is upper right, some 3 miles away.


Inbound car carrier ship.  Being able to view ships and other river traffic was one of the main reasons I built a home here.  The smoke across the river is coming from the Dyno Nobel fertilizer plant; Patty, my ex, worked there for a few years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment