Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fish

Several posts back, I was relating my sporadic forays into the world of art but forgot to mention a Phase II piece that was done for a benefit event.  I'm not sure how this thing would be classified.  Sculpture doesn't seem quite right.  Mixed media perhaps.  It consists of cedar board scraps, bamboo sticks and fence posts covered with acrylic paint and assorted junk.



Fish Sticks

I had fun making this, especially the bionic blowfish and cardshark.  It was donated to an organization that gave out scholarships and was sold in a silent auction for $2700.  Do you believe that?  Nah, didn't think so.  Honestly, I don't recall how much it went for, around $75 I think.


 

2 comments:

  1. The fish with the toothy smile.

    Mike - you are a very talented guy!

    Please paint something for me. I love color.

    ReplyDelete