Saturday, May 6, 2023

My Complex

 


The sign reads MIKE DELANEY Pickleball Complex  At Dick Samp Park.  The picture includes the LHC mayor, city manager, city council members, parks and rec manager, chief of police and me.  It's the City's thank you for my donated $ to build the last 4 courts.  

The City planned to have 16 courts, 12 of which were completed.  City management said there'd be no more funding for the final four courts for some time.  

I wanted to see all courts completed while I was still able to play.  So, I met with the City and told them I'd fund the last four.  It cost a lot more than anticipated, but I went ahead and ponied up the $.  

The big sign and my name on the entire complex was a nice surprise, and the sound of people whooping when they hit a great shot and groaning when they miss an easy one is music to my ears.  Love the game and the numerous friends I've made playing it.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all you have done for Pickleball in Lake Havasu the last 10 years. The sign is just icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gesture on your part. I commend you. Al S #97

    ReplyDelete