Saturday, October 8, 2022

Fish Sticks

 A couple decades back, while living in Columbia City, OR, I made a couple of wooden objets d'art for charity silent auctions.  A woman who lived nearby held annual benefits for a good cause, damned if I can remember what it was now.  

The event included a catered gourmet meal, live music, silent and voice auctions.  The first year, I made a bent wood trellis out of small, green sapling branches.  The second year, I made the thing below, called it Fish Sticks.  I named a few of the fish, including the one second from the bottom.  Can you guess the name*?



I had fun with the project, so I made another 'school' of fish for myself.  They now reside on the pot shelf in our kitchen.  For sure, you can name one of them.  



*Cardshark.  The dorsal fin is a hand of cards, kinda hard to see in the small picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment