Monday, May 4, 2020

Gushers

My recent attempts at artistic immortality - blossoms and butterflies - have been on small canvases.: 8 x 8 for the blossoms, 12 x 12 for flies.  I wanted to do a larger canvas and selected this one, a string pull, using 4 colors. 

First attempts at a new technique rarely - virtually never - turn out as planned, and this one is no exception.  It's okay, went ahead and hung it but can't say I love it.


I posted the picture on Facebook.  First comment was made by a woman I know from pickleball, who said I was painting female reproductive organs.  Huh?  Being the naive, clean cut, Minnesota farm boy that I am, I was astounded!  And, of course, I blushed a deep red.  Head to toe.

I went online to see if her comment was valid.  Sure enough, there is a similarity.  Gee whiz!


No comments:

Post a Comment