Sunday, May 26, 2019

One-Trick Ponies


Focused.  That's the one and only positive thing I can say about one-trick ponies.  Aside from that, they're b-o-r-i-n-g.

Say, the ponies, "That's my thing, that's what I do."  Well, good on ya!  But - did you ever consider that maybe, just possibly, virtually no one else gives a rat's ass?  Politics, religion, kids, food, dogs, clothing, whatever.  SOS.  Day after day.


The ponies publish their tricks on Facebook.  When I see a pony's name, I don't need to read the post to know the subject matter.  When I see a pony's picture, I instantly know the pony's name.  And, in both cases, I quickly scroll past the pony-post in search of something new and interesting.

I've FB-friended numerous people, college friends for instance, that I've not seen in 50+ years.  I was excited about reconnecting with them, getting updated on their lives, hobbies, travels, family, and so on.  In surprisingly many cases, as I eagerly scrolled down through their recent posts I quickly discovered that they were one-trickers.  I unfriended them soon after.  Sad.

So, here's a challenge to readers that happen to be ponies: learn a new trick for cripes sake!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment