Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ribbit!





Ribbit!
Dirty Pour Acrylic Collage
12" Clay Pot

This is my first 'dirty pour' and first use of metallic acrylics.  When 2 or more colors are placed in the same container and then poured onto canvas, board, paper, whatever, it's called a dirty pour.  I used 4 colors on this flower pot.  A dirty pour is a total crapshoot.  The paint is in control rather than the painter.



Did it come out the way I wanted?  Uh, uh!  Not even close, much darker than I intended.  I like it though.  The frog was an afterthought, was on the cover of an old National Geographic sitting on the corner of my work table.  Froggie had been staring at me for 2 years: okay, froggie, got a whole new gig for you.  The green-dominant surface seemed a likely frog habitat.

It was a fun project, will definitely do more pours.

Many thanks to my good - and very creative - friend Lisa for giving me the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment