Sunday, November 2, 2014

Totally Nuts V

It's a big party and I'm the host.  It's at my home, a home that sports features from several  homes I've owned, yet is different in many ways.  There are several cars parked out front and about 40 people wandering around, most of whom I don't know.  Who are all these people?  Why are they here?  Who invited them?  I don't mind them being there, just curious.

We're sitting around a picnic table in front of the house, chatting, a few family members and I.  A flower delivery guy approaches the table and sets a large bouquet of flowers in front of me.  A few minutes later another flower guy appears and deposits a huge swag-style flower arrangement on the table.  The flowers are for me, sent by folks congratulating me for something, I know not what.

I mosey around to the back yard.  It has a gradual slope near the house, a steeper slope beyond that, finally leveling off at a thick growth of tall brush.  Just beyond the brush is a little-used public road. A half dozen cars are parked on the upper slope, including a black, sawed-off, little runt of a car, obviously foreign.  I'm talking to a couple guys when, suddenly, the little black car starts rolling down the hill.  It gathers momentum, keeps on rolling, crashes through brush and disappears.

It's nearly dark now and I'm thinking we have to go find that car; it may be on the road and somebody is going to come along and crash into it!  I run down the slope, expecting the others to join me but they don't.  They're afraid of something down there, won't budge.  I crash through the brush and come upon a small group of tents, large tents that have obviously been there awhile.  Homeless people probably live there but there's no one around.  No little black car either.  I retrace my steps and cut through the brush in a different direction, still looking for the car.

I wake up thinking that was really weird!  Although awake, I'm still concerned about that darn car being on the road and causing a terrible accident.  The hell with it, time for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment