Monday, September 29, 2014

Cheeseheads

My friend Terry grew up in Wisconsin - although some folks wouldn't agree with that statement.  Those folks would say he was raised in WI but didn't grow up there - or anywhere else, for that matter - and most likely never will.  Be that as it may, he's a WI native so he's a Green Bay Packer fan - a Cheesehead.

Recently, Terry came across a slightly damaged Cheesehead hat at a garage sale and, after reviewing his financial situation at length, decided to splurge and pay the 25 cents ask price.  He never had a Cheesehead hat and was delighted to finally acquire one.

We were over at his place a couple nights back so I asked him to trot out the hat.  I'd never seen one except on TV, was curious about how they were made and how they felt on your head.  Turns out they're not cheese at all.  Nope.  They're synthetic sponges.  I tried it on and quickly determined that a. it wasn't very comfortable (no lining), and b. my head got very warm very fast - a good thing on a crisp fall day, but on a warm day unbearable.



I'm a MN native so am honor bound to support the Vikings.  If any fellow Minnesotans see this picture, they'll disown me, thinking I've gone over to the dark side.  Don't tell 'em, okay?

Traditional Cheesehead hats are wedge-shaped, but there are several other cheesy styles as well.  And bow ties.  And bras.  All sorts of stuff.  Go to amazon.com and enter cheesehead.  You'll be amazed.  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment