Monday, February 17, 2014

Totally Nuts IV

The dirt path is bordered by thick, 4' high vegetation on both sides.  I'm riding my bike along the path, turn a corner and there's a group of 20-something guys sitting along the path, shooting the breeze.  I say 'hi', they say 'hi', I dismount, pick up my bike and weave my way through them.  Just beyond where they're sitting, their bikes are strewn along the path.  Weird bikes: all pink, all plastic, with small oval-shaped balloon wheels.

I continue riding down the path, which comes to an abrupt end at a closed door.  The door opens into a middle school.  Upon entering the building I find 3 teachers and 2 policemen standing around a table, studying and discussing some papers that are lying on the table.  I pause at the table and ask for directions to wherever it is I'm going.

All this time I'm carrying a stack of paperwork, applications for something unknown from people unknown.  I'm supposed to deliver them.  Somewhere.  One of the teachers makes a grab for the apps and I slap her hand.  Then, one of the policemen makes a grab and succeeds in getting the top sheet of paper - which is all beat to hell and ripped in half diagonally.  I grab the paper back and chide the officer, tapping him on the chest and saying, 'Serve and protect.  Serve and protect.'

I wake up.  The apps never got delivered and frankly, Charlotte, I don't give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment