Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dodge Service Sucks!

Thursday 9 AM: Delivered RAM to Salida, CO Dodge service department to fix drive train slippage and squeaky brakes.  Told manager: we’re traveling, needed to get on our way ASAP, keep us posted.

Thursday 5 PM: No word on RAM status.

Friday 5 PM: No word on RAM status.

Monday 8:30 AM: Called service manager; he said tech that worked on it was on test drive and that he’d get back to me when the tech returned.

Monday 11:30 AM: Called again, manager on phone, left message.

Monday 3:30 PM: Called again, service line busy, hung up.

Monday 3:35 PM: Called Chrysler national customer service, told them Salida outfit wouldn’t return my calls.  They called Salida, got ‘em on line, service manager said they couldn’t duplicate problem and diagnostic computer was down.  Said they’d checked and cleaned brakes and they were fine, didn’t squeak.  I told them I’d pick up RAM at 9 AM Tuesday.

Tuesday 9 AM: Returned loaner and drove RAM back to Buena Vista.  The brakes squeaked.

Shit happens.  Computers go down.  I understand.  I do not understand and have zero tolerance for businesses that don’t keep their customers informed and don’t return customer phone calls on a timely basis.  Those businesses shouldn’t be in business and sooner or later they won’t be.  Their competitors – the ones that do things right – will get all the business.  I take great pleasure in giving for-shit businesses a boost, hurrying them along to their ultimate destination: down the toilet.  I do hope my call to the national organization was beneficial in that regard.


So, tomorrow we head on down the road in an iffy rig, but a different road than planned.  Our planned stops were the Colorado Nat’l Monument near Grand Junction; St George, UT; Henderson, NV -crossing the Rocky Mts from east to west.  Not a great route for a tow rig with drive train issues.  Instead, we’ll head straight south, pick up I-25 in NM and hang a right on I-40.  We’ll do a couple 3-4 day stops en route, arrive LHC about 9-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment