Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Doggerel

Sporadically, very sporadically, I'm inspired to write bad poetry.  I call it doggerel - for reasons that will soon become obvious.  Also sporadically, I inflict these literary gems on innocent, unsuspecting friends and relatives.  Since returning to LHC, there's been a lack of breaking news and exciting adventures to report but I feel obligated to post something.  So, here's a doggerel.


HOLEY WOMEN


The barbaric trend in female fashion,
Is body puncturing, with a passion.


Like members of the Zulu nation,
They glory in self-mutilation.


The holes are for attaching things,
Chains and pins and studs and rings,


To noses, tongues, lips and nipples,
A host of dangling participles.


Studs and metal everywhere,
Living ads for ACE hardware.


Do they think they’ll win men’s hearts,
By punching holes in body parts?


Maybe some guys like to squeeze,
Women holier than Swiss cheese.


But I feel this fashion’s overrated,
I still like mine unperforated.



Mike Delaney
6-30-05
All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED IT!!!!!! New reader Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and funny social commentary. Send it in to Reader's Digest.

    ReplyDelete