Friday, February 4, 2011

Adam's Junk

Did (the original) Adam have testicles?
 .
As I understand it, women were something of an afterthought, were dreamed up later when God took a post-creation coffee break, started thinking about things, and decided Adam needed some company. That being the case, there was no reason whatsoever for Adam to have testicles as standard factory equipment; there just wasn’t any use for them.
.
So, no doubt about it, Adam had to be retooled. No, that’s not really the correct term because it implies that there was a tool to begin with. Not sure what they called it back then but nowadays it would be termed a factory recall. Or, God may have done the alterations while Adam was asleep one night. I can just imagine Adam waking up one morning, glancing down, seeing this new thing hanging there, exclaiming loudly, “What the hell?”
.
No, no, no: he wouldn’t have said ‘what the hell’ cuz hell had yet to be created, wasn’t part of the vocabulary. Anyway, he had to have been pretty startled - worried, too. In his place I’d be wondering just what kind of dangly thingy I’d find attached to me the following morning - and where it would be attached: armpit, earlobe, chin?
.
My bible history studies in grade school skipped over this subject. It may have been omitted from the lesson plan due its adult nature. Seems odd though, that I’ve heard nary a word about it in the intervening years. I can’t be the only person in the world that wonders about human design and construction and dangly thingies.

No comments:

Post a Comment