Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Minnesota



I just returned from our annual family reunion in the Twin Cities, and a visit with my northernmost relatives in Aitkin.  My brother Gerry and his wife Linda have a lovely home on a large lake a few miles out of town.  Their lake isn't nearly as large as Mille Lacs Lake though, can't see all the way across that one.  It's about 20 miles south of  Aitkin.  The pix above and below were taken at Mille Lacs, in the town of Garrison.


One of the things I love about visiting my brother is hearing the mournful cries of the loons, brings back memories of my early years in MN.

About 40 people attend the reunion each year, an annual event that started 25 years ago.  We usually play pickleball but not this year, rain in the AM, then 90 degrees and high humidity.  Some of the gang pictured below.


This purple cow was hanging out in the Redmond/Bend, OR airport near the luggage carousel.  Now, I can no longer say I've never seen a purple cow.  If you don't recognize the saying, google it.  It's from a popular little poem written many decades ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment