Saturday, April 7, 2018

RIP

RANGER
Always a Gentleman
2003-2018
RIP

Born in Boston and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Ranger was a traveling pooch from the get go.  In late 2009, he moved to Arizona to pursue his interest in Therapy Dog work, which kept him busy during the school year but left him free to travel in the summer.  He traveled extensively in North America, from Alaska to Mexico, from California to Nova Scotia.  He retired, rather reluctantly, in 2015.  Ranger is survived by his adoptive parents, Trish and Mike, and his brother, Artie. 

Ranger dictated this to me awhile back. 
 In his own words:
"It was great ride!  My adoptive parents loved me a lot, took great care of me, hauled me all over the place so I could read the local pee-mail.  And the food, OMG!  Mom really knew how to get my tail wagging.  I'm sorry I had to leave but it was time.  I was stiff and sore, 
couldn't see well, kept tripping and bumping into things.  Very embarrassing! 
I know you'll miss me but I live on in your hearts and memories."  

"Here is a celebration of my life, in pictures."  



"My first kayak trip.  It was okay but chasing balls was more fun." 



 "Tried this sheep-like look for awhile when I was a teenager, 
but it wasn't really working for me."  
"Didn't the fool the sheep, either."


"Later, I tried the mustache look, more sophisticated - and in keeping with my Boston roots."



"We came across this big lug while hiking in the Yukon.  
I was ready to take him on but Mom was worried I might get hurt.  Spoil sport!"



"I was quite fond of humans but never understood why they kept fighting each other 
like they did here, over and over.  Pretty silly."



"Mom put me up to this.  Told me to sit in the stupid boat so she could take a stupid picture.  
I thought she was going to give me a ride but she didn't put any coins in the stupid machine.  So I just had to sit there, looking stupid.  The look on my face reflects my mood, kinda resentful."  


 "My little brother, Artie, was rude and pushy at first, had to give him lots of corrections.
It was touch and go for awhile, but we finally became best friends."



"A girl driving a flatbed Ford?  Really?



"I blended in nicely here at the Colorado National Monument.
Artie, not so much.  He kept fading, a strawberry blonde wannabe."

1 comment:

  1. This one put tears in my eyes. I am honored to have met Ranger. He was the ultimate gentleman. One of a kind Fur Friend. RIP Dear Ranger! 🐕

    ReplyDelete