Friday, March 10, 2017

Shot in the Head

Yes, I was shot in the head.  Then, I was thrown in jail and framed for armed robbery - as were 3 of my friends.  It happened in 1965 in the friendly little state of Arkansas in the wee hours of the morning.  We were college students on spring break, driving south, trying to escape the bitterly cold winter of northern Minnesota for a few days.

Many readers of this blog have heard about the incident but don't know the details.  Although I've intended to write the whole story for many years, I never got around to it.  Recently, Wayne, a fellow traveler who was also shot in the head, did write the story.  Here it is:

https://www.talesfromtheday.com/single-post/2016/12/22/THE-DAY-THEY-TRIED-TO-KILL-US-IN-ARKANSAS-AND-IT-REALLY-IMPROVED-MY-SOCIAL-LIFE

I'll add some background information and comments in a future blog.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment