Saturday, January 9, 2016

Kitchen Sink

Since buying our LHC home in late 2009, we've replaced or painted everything in the kitchen, everything but the kitchen sink, that is.  A few days back, while consuming my morning banana, I checked my email and read a new one from Mama, aka Trish.  What do you think it said?  Yep, you guessed it: she wants a new kitchen sink, and a new faucet as well.

And I thought the kitchen remodel was all done.  Silly me!  You'd think I'd know better by now.  But wait: Mama said she'd spring for it.  Okay, I'm all over it!  And, while we're at it, I'll replace the garbage disposal.  It's 11 years old, which is about 90 in people-years.  So, we ordered all the stuff, Amazon and Home Depot.

Mama asked me if I would do the installation.  No way, Jose'!   For starters, cast iron kitchen sinks weigh upwards of 130 pounds. Yeah, I've installed numerous sinks, faucets, whatnot, but I hate plumbing with a passion.  Seems like every other time I do a plumbing job, I get everything connected, turn on the water, check for leaks, and finding none, put away my tools.  Next morning, sure as hell, there's water on the floor.  I swear, some nasty gremlin or gnome or leprechaun sneaks in when I'm asleep, loosens up a supply line and sneaks off again.  I'd dearly love to catch the little sumbitch in the act, stick his head in the toilet and flush it several times.

Looked at faucets lately?  The latest thing is a touch-on/off feature.  For only $100 more, you get a faucet that turns on every time you accidentally touch the darn thing whilst reaching for the sponge, dishrag, soap dispenser, RO - or just cleaning the sink.  Whoop de friggin' do!  This fine invention is nearly as asinine as a couple other plumbing-related 'innovations', the merits of which I liberally berated in earlier posts.  Copy and paste the links below, might make you chuckle.

https://draft.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4575053743717058165#editor/target=post;postID=984565507632208558;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=7;src=postname

http://edgem21.blogspot.com/2011/06/man-in-motion-part-two.html
    

1 comment:

  1. I must admit, I'm not great at plumbing myself; the most I've ever managed is to switch out a blocked U-Bend! So I'm impressed that you have installed new sinks and faucets by yourself in the past and not surprised one bit that you didn't want to install a whole new sink by yourself again!

    ReplyDelete