Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Kitchen Remodel III

It's done!

New range and dishwasher arrived last week, several weeks later than we'd hoped.  Mama very happy, has already used both the convection and conventional ovens, and the dishwasher a couple times.


Before above, after below.




For the benefit of LHC area homeowners, I offer these comments about our contractors:

     1.  In my first post on the remodel, I said 'more later' in regard to Flakes-R-Us Cabinetmakers, aka Bob's Cabinets and More.  They do quality work but: they didn't build one of the cabinets to my specs, it took twice as long as they said it would, their phone etiquette is non-existent as is their customer service.  I sent Bob a letter, detailing my experience and requesting a substantial cost reduction.  He apologized and discounted the final invoice as requested.

     2.  Arizona Decorative Concrete did the floor and they were everything Bob's was not: good work, courteous, timely and accommodating.

     3.  Painting was done by Tim's Custom Painting and they get high marks, also.  And, they're surprisingly affordable.  I gave them the extra $ I squeezed out of Bob's, even though Tim didn't ask for it.  He had to make several extra trips because the new cabinets weren't here on schedule.

Finally, sarcasm aside, I have to admit that I'm quite pleased with the results, also.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Looks beautiful. No doubt, Trish is delighted with her "new" kitchen!😀

    ReplyDelete