Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Clown

It seems I'm quite fond of the color orange.  Admittedly, I strayed off the (semi-abstract) path with this painting.  Saw a picture of a clownfish, liked it a lot, so what the hell.  We should not be shackled to a single style or genre, now should we?  Especially shackles of our own making.  I didn't completely lose it though: the background is abstracted.



Clown
Acrylic on Canvas
11" x 14"

Yeah, it's a clownfish, one of the most colorful fishes often seen while snorkeling in tropical waters.  They come in lots of different color combinations.  The dominant color is usually orange but the bands can be blue, green, purple or red.  One type has a paint job similar to a Holstein cow.  



This is a rare type.  Absolutely beautiful!



3 comments:

  1. Hey that last one is photoshopped. You can tell by zooming in and look at the paint you drew on the fish.... Every stripe is the same color with no gradients at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be I suppose. I didn't do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could be I suppose. I didn't do it though.

    ReplyDelete