Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Grand Teton NP


The Grand Tetons above, Craig Thomas Visitor Center below.

The popular story about the GT name origin is that a French-Canadian fur trapper thought they looked like big boobs – Grand Tetons in French.  The less popular story is that they were named for or by the Teton Sioux.  In any case, they are indeed grand.  But – they don’t look like women’s breasts at all. 


Above and below: Jackson Lake




North end of Jackson Lake, taken from Jackson Lake Lodge.

Davey Jackson was a fur trapper who traveled around naming everything he could find after himself.
Not a very modest fellow, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I have forgotten to keep up with you via your blog until I read your email today with the reminder! The trip is looking sensational - I hope you are both enjoying every minute (and I'm sure you are). We miss you! Tell Trish my cute creative wavy pleated top met up with Waste Management today. Oh well. Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete