Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy 40th!

Yesterday's parade was the 40th annual such event, honoring the birthday of the London Bridge here in LHC; it was completed in 1971.  Everybody loves a parade, they say.  But 'they' are wrong: I don't love 'em.  Was in too many when I was in the military, marching on scorching hot pavement, getting cooked in the sun, wearing heavy clothes, carrying a heavy rifle and assorted other crap, getting dehydrated, getting headaches.  No end to the fun.  I can handle watching one occasionally, though, especially if Trish and Ranger are in it.

The Marine band was near the front.  There are a lot of veterans in LHC and the Marine Auxiliary is large and active. 


Mr and Mrs Clyde, Omar and Abdul, Shriners all.  This shot and some of the others aren't very good cuz I was shooting into the sun. 

Little rigs with big Shriners.

Austin-Healey, the car I really wanted when I bought my first set of wheels.  Couldn't afford it, got a used MGB instead.  Couldn't afford that either, had to borrow from my Dad.


Didn't realize McC made flying chainsaws.


A pickup cozy?  In Arizona?  Huh!



Here come the Pet Partners!  Poodles dominated.


Foreground: old fat fart.  Background: Ranger and Mommy Dog working the crowd.

I'm late!  I'm late!
This is after half a night's sleep, leaving Vegas at 5 AM and driving to LHC.  Takes dedication - and a lot of energy.  Tired woman.


An impressive pre-high school band.  Sharply dressed and great little musicians.

Finis.




1 comment:

  1. Ranger & Mommy looking great! I've always lusted for a A-H 3000, too. Or, a TR6. As Gin says, "next life or next wife"!

    ReplyDelete